Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Afternoon in Paris, France...

Thanks Vodafone in Prague for free Wifi...
 Just as I finished my blog yesterday afternoon in Prague, James arrived.  He did a little work on my computer before we connected with the fellows who had delivered the rental van for our tour.
 Had another customer take our picture. 

We were soon off on our drive toward Paris.

A room had been arranged by James for a night in Mannheim, half way to Paris.  What a welcome site that bed was and I was soon into a refreshing 9 hour sleep!!!

Great scenery all the way out of Czech Republic and into Germany.  Rained much of the time after dark but not real hard.
Driving into Paris...



James drove most of the way but had me drive a couple hours today so that I could get used to the van as I'll be driving more as the tour continues.  It was a very manageable vehicle to drive.

I really enjoyed the countryside which is coming to life as spring has arrived in Europe.  Saw lots of fields waiting for the crops they'll grow this year.  Many solar panels covering buildings and fields.  Some wind turbines in view.

Lovely day all of today.  Needed a jacket and sometimes a scarf and gloves but had glorious sunshine.  A number of blooming shrubs and trees.
 Kept reminding myself that I was in Paris, France.  It reminds me much of New York City but English is not the language heard most often on the streets here.  It was fun to be buzzing in and out of the narrow streets and congested intersections.  Many people out strolling.
Mama and Cozzie...








 Found a parking place right in front of the hotel where these 2 had been waiting for us.  They arrived from playing at a little park as we were loading their luggage since we were moving to a hotel at the airport for tonight.   We will add the tour band drummer as he will arrive at the airport at 6:30am tomorrow morning.  By noon we'll head off to the first gig of the tour.
Maybe we can find something to eat here...















Found a FABULOUS place to pick up lunch items which we took to a nearby large, beautiful park which was being enjoyed by many adults and children.  Someone told us winter had been very severe in Europe this year but 2 days ago, spring arrived and everyone is so excited.
No idea why this was in the window of the pastry/sandwich shoppe but thought it was interesting as my tour family lives in Detroit when they aren't on the road.
A busy singer and I take a few moments for conversation and coffee...
 Coffee at a sidewalk cafe on a beautiful spring day in Paris, France!

Would I ever have imagined a moment like this when I sat leaning against a tree in the pasture on our farm as a child?  I used to let the cows get themselves back to the barnyard and I sat and pondered about my future.  Thanks, God, for so many blessings you have given me!!!
 Took lunch to a park so Cozzie could be free to play while the rest of us soaked in the beauty of the sunshiny day and the lovely park nearby in Paris, France. 

I kept wondering if I was really here.
Must be this limo that had brought a bride and bridal party to the park for photos but I didn't take their pictures.

There's an adorable fellow in the driver's seat here...

Still behind the wheel...

Has his own ball now and thinks it's lots of fun to throw and kick...

This delectable treat didn't last long when Cozzie discovered the fresh raspberries...

Daughter-in-law shared this with me...

DELICIOUS...

Sweet family as they relax before some intense weeks begin...

Waterfall in the park...

Paris from a park flowerbed...

From the park...

More from the park...

Still more from the park...

Trees grow in the park...

My strolling buddy...

Being a mother and grandmother is bringing great joy...

Now for a fun time on a slide...


Getting good at coming down backward...

Many adorable children enjoyed the park play area also...

Lots of fun...

Here I come...

Can you believe a Thrift Store was found before we left the city for the hotel for the night?

It has been a full but quite relaxing day - good conversation all along the way while driving, fun in the park and shared joy of being together and experiencing the blessing of God's beautiful creation - people and scenery. 

My trip is off to a great start.  Tomorrow will continue the actual concert tour as we head to western France for the first concert.

1 comment:

Marge B. said...

Incredible!! Did you see the Eiffel Tower? Paris doesn't really look like I envision it in my mind. Your pics are great.
Feeling like spring here too. I have to 'pinch' myself that I'm really in Wisconsin. (although, today is the first day of Spring)

Love, Marge